Greatest Blog Ever

Saturday, August 05, 2006

He should have worn a face mask

On Wednesday we had another hockey game, and, as usual, we lost, but this time only by 4. If the trend continues, we should tie our next one, because we've gained 4 goals on our opponents each time (0-12, 0-8, 3-7). For some reason I have this hunch that it won't happen, though, because our team really sucks. But anyways, the best part of the game came 4 minutes before the end of the 3rd period when yours truly got kicked off the ice! That's right, my mild-mannered temper suddenly exploded in a flurry of punches and bitings and stick and skate slashings that ended in a bloody mess. Because it seems like we can't get away with making a post without a paint in it, here's a little illustration of what it probably looked like:


Ok, that didn't happen. Actually all that I did was hit a guy in the face with my stick by mistake and give him a bleeding nose, which caused him to say fu@& quite a few times. It was his own fault for not wearing a face mask, but I was the one who had to go to the changeroom for the rest of the game. Oh yeah, and Chris had to sit out my penalty in the box. I think he was a bit pissed about that. All in all, it was a good game, because the most annoying guy on our team didn't show up, and we actually scored some goals. Oh, and there were two girls on the other team, they were pretty good and one of them tripped Chris and gave us a penalty. Another time this cocky son of a b on our team nailed one of them to the ice (this is a no hitting league) which made me feel sorry for her and ask if she was all right because it was right in front of the bench but a few people made fun of me and thought I was just trying to hit on her. That's what I get for trying to be a nice guy.

Today is Saturday, which means only one thing for our family: garage sales. Our weekly tradition includes a few cups of Tim Horton's, at least one embarassing scene as my dad tries to haggle the sale of a t-shirt down to 25 cents from 50 (usually one with a disney character or some sort of a cat on the front), and ends with a carload full of what my parents would call plundered treasure but what I usually consider to be total junk. I hope that my other half of this blogger team is enjoying the Cubs game or concert or whatever he's going to today and is thinking of me because I'm just a little jealous of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home