Greatest Blog Ever

Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Blaga Continues

The rest of our group has arrived! And with them comes important information about their travels that allows us to complete our fantastic Paint. Below is the crazy map of all the routes everyone took to get here to the Dominican

All of the flights are in blue, and the other colours are driving routes of our team members.

We also have an entertaining story for your own reading pleasure! Because of all of the plane difficulties along the way, only a small group of us arrived in the Dominican on the first plane from Miami to Santo Domingo. In that group were: Jessi Rieken, Craig Bielema, Jason Wyenberg, Lynae Walburg, and Steven Koning. Craig and I realized during the flight that we would be the first group to reach the island. Therefore we both wanted to be the first off of the plane to say that we beat everyone else.

It was an exciting battle. In the front of the plane, closest to the exit, Jessi was sitting on her own. Unaware of our competition, she had no idea of the value of her position. As we were getting off the plane, I called her over to the back, and asked her something like, "Hey Jessi, what did you fill out for number 4 on this customs declaration sheet?". She fell for it like lemmings off a cliff. Craig and I were in the lead.

We rushed past the passengers moving up the right aisle, but were stopped short at the end by the first class passengers. I doubled back and cut across a row of seats to come up the left aisle with the first classers. I smirked as I slipped past Craig. He boldly cut into the first class line right in front of me, the big jerk! We were both distracted by a beautiful Dominican lady who was barely wearing a denim shirt, but the race continued. We ran down the gangplank and rushed out into the open airport and (after going through customs, blah blah blah) lept forth towards the finish line. Unfortunately, Craig won, but we were both rewarded with a crowd of people cheering us on, reminiscent of a red carpet event, except that most of the people were trying to sell us taxi rides.

The End.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dena said...

Glad to see you two are still alive, and in fine blogging form too. Say "hello" to your team members for me (particularly Steve, who I know the best) and thanks for sharing your pigeon-pooping adventures.

5:57 AM

 
Blogger Justine Ann said...

awesome!

2:28 PM

 
Blogger Erika Hydeen Strickland said...

It is so good to hear that you are there and doing well!

Jason! The story about your parents is awesome!! I read it to my family last night for our New Years Eve party.

Craig! Add me to your blog list! I would love to keep you updated too!

Be Blessed in this first new day of the year 2007!!

Erika

2:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could click on the picture and see it full-size.

7:24 PM

 
Blogger r.c.f. said...

today my cousin tried to tell me that ligers are actually a real animal. he argued that it was just somethign the internet made up, but then i looked it up in the encyclopedia circa 1965 and it was there. i couldn't believe it. turns out there are not only ligers, but also tiglons, also known as tigons. the fact that i did not learn this in gen300 has caused me to lose complete hope in dordt and has also shattered my underdeveloped worldview.

11:29 PM

 
Blogger Mela said...

mexico and the dominican have much in common! pigeons, taxi drivers...
Enjoy the tropical weather!

9:15 PM

 
Blogger Jeremy said...

i enjoyed the chase-story, but it could use more guns, explosions and perhaps snakes (on a plane...?).
don't get too sunburned and don't work too hard!

12:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home